Toy Story Land was announced at the 2015 D23 Expo in Anaheim. The land was introduced at the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Presentation as “the adventurous outdoors of Andy’s backyard.” Here’s what we already know that they have planned to bring to the new 11-acre land coming to the Studios.
- A family-friendly Slinky Dog roller coaster
- Alien saucers attraction
- Toy Story Midway Mania expansion with an additional track (this has already opened, with the third track having it’s own loading area)
Construction has been quiet – very quiet – on this new land. Walls have been put up for Star Wars Land and themes have been infused throughout the park. Yet Toy Story Land is waiting quietly in the shadows, as Toy Story Midway Mania has been the lone Toy Story attraction at the Studios since 2008. I’m beginning to think that Disney needs a little inspiration.
In honor of one of my favorite Disney/Pixar movies, here are 8 things that would even make Andy happy if they came to Toy Story Land.
- Slinky’s Hot Dogs: This great kid friendly quick service location will be a big hit with adults too. Not only with the hotdogs be “top dog”, there will be an amazing fixin’s bar (sauerkraut, chili, cheese, grilled corn and black beans, salsa, peppers and onions… and more) to boot!
- Woody’s Roundup Adventure: Think of this as a carousel that has broken free. Ride Bullseye along a Wild West route featuring Woody and the Roundup Gang.
- Jessie’s Rootin-Tootin Shootin Arcade: I’ve always had a soft spot for the shooting arcades of yesteryear like the Frontierland Shootin’ Arcade at the Magic Kingdom where you kit a target and trigger a reaction.
- Buzz Lightyear Blastoff: Indoor rocket rollercoaster for 38” and taller. (They’ve announced a Slinky Dog coaster, but I say let’s have a rocket ship too!)
- RC Racing Racers: Similar to Tomorrowland Speedway, only better. Race through Andy’s backyard! But watch out for Sid and his friends as they try to blast you with water guns!
- Sid’s Toy Factory: Choose from a variety of parts and pieces to create your own toy! Name the toy and get a personalized box!
- Big Al’s Toy Barn: Not only will you be able to purchase really cool park-only merchandise but also this location will contain a huge character meet and greet.
- Toy Story: The Musical: This 30-minute live action stage show will take you on a musical journey through the first movie in the series.
I have no doubt the Imagineers will make this a really fun, interactive land. What kind of attraction would YOU add to Andy’s backyard? Head over to Facebook and let us know!
For more on the changes at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, check out our April issue!