2020 Christmas at Hollywood Studios will be different this year. Here’s what to expect.
While some holiday experiences have been paused or modified in 2020, we still have lots of magic happening at Hollywood Studios this season. We are gathering details on 2020 as soon as Disney releases the info! Here is your complete guide with information confirmed by Disney Parks:
Until the details surface for 2020, we will be considering 2019 Hollywood Studios offerings to get an idea of what to expect this year.
2020 Christmas Decor and Photo Opps
With so many vintage decorations all over the park, there are plenty of opportunities to get a cute holiday photo, whether via Photopass or your cellphone camera. See all the 2020 Christmas Decorations at Hollywood Studios here.
Christmas decor does NOT extend to Toy Story Land or Galaxy’s Edge this year. Expect most decorations on Hollywood Blvd and around Echo Lake.
Here are photo opps you can expect at Hollywood Studios in 2020:
- This year, a huge Christmas Tree has been set up at Echo Lake
- At Echo Lake, in front of Minnie’s Hollywood Dine
- Woody and his Christmas scarf at Toy Story Land
- In front of the Christmas tree outside the park
- Near the Snowman in front of It’s a Wonderful Shop
Christmas decorations are set up all over Hollywood Studios, including the vintage decor that reminds you of Grandma’s Christmas tree. All performances that would typically draw a large crowd will be paused this year.
PhotoPass Changes at Hollywood Studios
To promote cleanliness, physical distancing, and reduced contact, you will notice some temporary adjustments to Disney PhotoPass Service to provide an enjoyable environment for everyone:
- Handling Guest’s Personal Devices: Disney PhotoPass photographers will not handle Guests’ personal devices such as cellphones and cameras.
- Photo Prop Usage: Where photo props are in use, they will be thoroughly cleaned between Guests. For select props, your photographer may request that you stand next to or behind the prop without making contact with it. In these scenarios, your photographer will aim to capture your photos with the best angles and perspective in mind.
- Photo Linking: Before the photographer takes your photo, please have your MagicBand or Card ready for the photographer to scan so they can quickly link your photos to your account. Photographers will keep as much distance as possible during this process.
We will update on specific Hollywood Studios decor and photo opportunities as soon as the parks deck the halls!
Christmas Snacks at Hollywood Studios
- Green Jingle Bell Sipper–($17.03, available at Anaheim Produce at Hollywood Studios) This sipper is a green version of the red jingle bell sipper that debuted last year. It lights up, really jingles when you shake it, and is some serious holiday outfit bling when hung from your neck. This sipper comes with frozen lemonade inside when purchased. Worth the price? Here are too many reasons why we love it.
- Mickey and Minnie Christmas Tree Popcorn Bucket–(Available at popcorn carts at Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom) This popcorn bucket is huge, and lights up at night! This isn’t just a cute vessel for our favorite salty snack—it can also be used as a Christmas decoration around the house! If this looks familiar, there was a green tree version of this last year with just Mickey.
The Christmas snacks at Hollywood Studios have all the glitz and glamor you’d expect. To see all the snacks at Disney World in 2020, see our complete guide.
- Frozen Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate – ($9.49, $5.49 without the glow cube, Available at PizzeRizzo, Backlot Express, ABC Commissary, and Rosie’s All–American Café) It’s a deluxe hot chocolate situation, here. We’ve got frozen salted caramel hot chocolate with a souvenir Mickey glow ball among green sugar sprinkles, marshmallows, and a chocolate drizzle. Worth the Price? Check out our full review.
- Mickey’s Holiday Cookie – (Available at ABC Commissary and Rosie’s All–American Café) For a simple holiday cookie with a kick, try this vanilla butter cookie topped with white chocolate and festival sugar snowflakes.
- Holiday Whoopie Pie – ($4.99, Available at The Trolley Car Café and Backlot Express) Enough for two! This red velvet whoopie pie is filled with a sweet cream cheese icing. Worth the price? See our full review of the whoopie pie.
- Olaf’s Snow Flurry – (Available at Rosie’s All–American Café) A souvenir Olaf glow bauble tops this yellow cupcake with vanilla buttercream, and snow flurry sugar sprinkles.
What about the other parks? Here is Our Complete Guide to 2020 Christmas Snacks at Disney World
Minnie’s Holiday Dine
The one and only character meal is hopping over at Minnie’s Holiday Dine! See Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, and Mickey having a festival holiday time while you munch on the scrumptious menu.
We tried Minnie’s Holiday Dine in 2020 to show you exactly how this socially-distanced experience will play out. See the menu, photos of the food, and our full review here.
Motorcades have been a part of Hollywood Studios for some time, including the Star Wars Weekend celebrations. Now that characters are social distancing, you can see them effortlessly all throughout the day!
There are will be multiple Merry Motorcades coming down the street this holiday season!
Showtimes are not posted to prevent crowding. Keep your ears out for a swell of music to signal that a motorcade is on its way!
We will have videos of all of the Merry Motorcades up as soon as they appear at Hollywood Studios.
Characters in holiday costumes are extra fun at Hollywood Studios! This year, characters will be waving from a safe distance.
- Buzz Lightyear
- See Minnie, Mickey, Pluto, and Goofy at Minnie’s Holiday Dine
Those are the 2019 characters to give you an idea of who we may see in 2020. We’ll have more details on specific character appearances, soon!
The performances at Hollywood Studios are world-class, so they always draw a crowd. In the interest of social distancing, any performances that bring a crowd will be paused.
The following performances at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will not happen this season:
- Citizens of Hollywood
- Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage
- Jedi Training Academy: Trials of the Temple
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
- Green Army Men in Toy Story Land
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
The Other Parks: Here’s Everything Canceled for Christmas at Disney World
Hollywood Studios has many of the Disney Christmas merchandise, as well as unique items that can only be purchased in the park.
Items you see at Walt Disney World are sometimes not available on the shopDisney site, so be sure to get what you like while you’re at the parks.
2020 brings a special challenge (of course) to Christmas shopping this year. With store capacity limits and long lines due to social distancing, you’ll need a little help.
- Check back for our tips on Christmas Shopping at Disney World in 2020. We’ll scout out the situation with the shops and let you know how best to tackle your Christmas shopping.
2020 Christmas at Hollywood Studios
To keep everyone safe this holiday season, Disney World will continue the health and safety requirements implemented in the summer when parks reopened.
- Guests will be required to wear a mask at the parks. Guests may remove masks only while standing stationary and eating, while socially-distanced.
- Guests who do not have a mask will be asked to purchase one from the available vending machines at the security check.
- Guests who refuse to wear a mask will not be permitted entry.
- No-touch forehead temperature checks will be administered to all guests prior to park entry.
- Social distancing markers have been placed throughout the parks. Lines may look long, but they are likey snaking into another land to allow for social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer and handwashing stations are stationed throughout the parks, resorts, and Disney Springs.