2020 Christmas at EPCOT will be different this year. Here’s what to expect.
While some holiday experiences have been paused or modified in 2020, we still have lots of magic happening at EPCOT this season. We are gathering details on 2020 as soon as Disney releases the info! Here is your complete guide with information confirmed by Disney Parks:
Until the details surface for 2020, we will be considering 2019 EPCOT offerings to get an idea of what to expect this year.
2020 Christmas Decor and Photo Opps
Christmas decorations will be set up all over Future World in EPCOT. In 2019, we saw snowman topiaries, festive wreaths, and garlands.
The most prominent Christmas decor will be found around World Showcase as Festival of the Holidays takes off on November 27th.
In 2019, we saw these PhotoPass and Magic Shot locations. We will update as soon as 2020 info comes through!
- Just SE or SW of Spaceship Earth, PhotoPass Photographers are usually posted to snap your pic
- In front of the fountains in France
- The Torii gate in Japan
- The Venitian boat water overlook in Italy
- The Christmas Tree at the entrance to World Showcase
What we know for 2020:
As in past years, World Showcase Pavilions will be decorating for the holidays in each of their home country’s traditional style!
We will update on specific EPCOT decor and photo opportunities as soon as the parks deck the halls.
PhotoPass Changes at EPCOT
To promote cleanliness, physical distancing, and reduced contact, you will notice some temporary adjustments to Disney PhotoPass Service to provide an enjoyable environment for everyone:
- Handling Guest’s Personal Devices: Disney PhotoPass photographers will not handle Guests’ personal devices such as cellphones and cameras.
- Photo Prop Usage: Where photo props are in use, they will be thoroughly cleaned between Guests. For select props, your photographer may request that you stand next to or behind the prop without making contact with it. In these scenarios, your photographer will aim to capture your photos with the best angles and perspective in mind.
- Photo Linking: Before the photographer takes your photo, please have your MagicBand or Card ready for the photographer to scan so they can quickly link your photos to your account. Photographers will keep as much distance as possible during this process.
Christmas Snacks at EPCOT
The Christmas snacks at EPCOT can mostly be found in World Showcase during Festival of the Holidays. And there are so many! To see all the snacks at EPCOT, see our complete menus for each Festival of the Holidays booth.
Here are a few of our favorites from Festival of the Holidays that we hope to see return in 2020!
- Dueling Buche de Noels – There were two Buche de noels on World Showcase menus last year. We preferred Canada’s version with the white chocolate Christmas tree accent on top.
Confirmed 2020 Food Booths and Menus:
- Holiday Sweets and Treats
- Citrus Blossom (NEW)
- Festival Favorites (NEW)
- Holiday Hearth (NEW)
- Mele Kalikimaka (NEW)
- Las Posadas Holiday Kitchen (Mexico)
- Shanghai Holiday Kitchen (China)
- Bavaria Holiday Kitchen (Germany)
- Tuscany Holiday Kitchen (Italy)
- American Holiday Table (America)
- Shi Wasu Holiday Kitchen (Japan)
- Sapphire Holiday Kitchen (Morocco)
- L’Chaim Holiday Kitchen
- Le Marche De Noel Holiday Kitchen (France)
- Yukon Holiday Kitchen (Canada)
What about the other parks? Here is Our Complete Guide to 2020 Christmas Snacks at Disney World
Holiday Promenades with Characters
Promenades have been a part of EPCOT for some time, including the Star Wars Weekend celebrations. Now that characters are social distancing, you can see them effortlessly all throughout the day!
There are will be multiple Promenades coming down the street this holiday season!
Showtimes are not posted to prevent crowding. Keep your ears out for a swell of music to signal that a motorcade is on its way!
We will have videos of all of the Merry Motorcades up as soon as they appear at EPCOT.
This year, characters at EPCOT will be waving from a safe distance.
- Mickey Mouse
- Minnie Mouse
Those are the 2019 characters to give you an idea of who we may see in 2020. We’ll have more details on specific character appearances, soon!
The performances at EPCOT are world-class, so they always draw a crowd. In the interest of social distancing, any performances that bring a crowd will be paused.
The following performances at EPCOT have been confirmed for 2020:
- America Gardens Theater: Voices of Liberty will be performing carols at the
- America Gardens Theater: Mariachi Cobre will perform Las Posadas, a celebration of Mexican holiday customs
- Canada Pavilion: The JAMMitors will be on Mill Stage to get everyone rocking around the Christmas tree
- World ShowPlace: Inside, JOYFUL! returns with gospel, R&B, and holiday sounds
- Check here for more information on Festival of the Holidays performances
The Other Parks: Here’s Everything Canceled for Christmas at Disney World
Christmas Shopping at EPCOT
EPCOT has lots of Disney Christmas items that can only be purchased in the park.
Items you see at Walt Disney World are sometimes not available on the shopDisney site, so be sure to get what you like while you’re at the parks.
2020 brings a special challenge (of course) to Christmas shopping this year. With store capacity limits and long lines due to social distancing, you’ll need a little help.
- Check back for our tips on Christmas Shopping at Disney World in 2020. We’ll scout out the situation with the shops and let you know how best to tackle your Christmas shopping.
2020 Christmas at EPCOT
To keep everyone safe this holiday season, Disney World will continue the health and safety requirements implemented in the summer when parks reopened.
- Guests will be required to wear a mask at the parks. Guests may remove masks only while standing stationary and eating, while socially-distanced.
- Guests who do not have a mask will be asked to purchase one from the available vending machines at the security check.
- Guests who refuse to wear a mask will not be permitted entry.
- No-touch forehead temperature checks will be administered to all guests prior to park entry.
- Social distancing markers have been placed throughout the parks. Lines may look long, but they are likey snaking into another land to allow for social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer and handwashing stations are stationed throughout the parks, resorts, and Disney Springs.