Here are 19 reasons you should visit Walt Disney World in 2019!
If you are teetering on the fence of when to visit Walt Disney World, hands-down, 2019 is the best year to visit.There’s so much to do and see, and so much coming, why wait to experience the magic?
Personally, I never need a reason to visit Walt Disney World. It’s my happy place and I love the magic I get to share with my family. In case you are trying to convince your spouse, mother, sister, brother, or yourself that you really need to go on a trip to Walt Disney World next year, here are 19 reasons to visit in 2019.
1. Toy Story Land and Pandora – The World of Avatar Toy Story Land will be a year old in June and Pandora turns two in May. They newness will have worn off (slightly), which should make for bearable crowds and enchanting visits. If you haven’t seen either of the two lands yet, 2019 is a great year to experience the immersiveness of an alien planet and the magic of Andy’s imagination.
2. Magic at the Kingdom! The party for Mickey’s 90thbirthday continues into 2019! Starting January 18th, Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration will bring music and fun to Magic Kingdom. Also coming is the new “Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party” where guests can dance their hearts out. Surprise “pop-up” entertainment is expected periodically as part of Limited-Time Magic. You bet there will be plenty of neat Mickey and Minnie merchandise and food to complement the experience.
3. Incredible Experiences at the Studios Pixar Place is receiving an incredible transformation into a Municiberg city block. Here you will be able to participate in a party to honor Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible and Frozone. Plus, you can meet Edna Mode! Disney reports hint of a scavenger hunt of sorts to find Jack-Jack. As we’ve seen previously (I’m talking to you “Incredible Summer at Magic Kingdom”) experiences like this don’t last forever. It’s too incredible to miss!
4. Ka-Chow! Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy comes to Disney’s Hollywood Studios in the spring! This is a brand-new show being created near Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith. It’s great that they are adding another entertainment option geared towards kids. Just outside the academy, Cruz Ramirez will be posing for photographs.
5. Hakuna Matata In celebration of the 25thanniversary of The Lion King, a new dance party is scheduled at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. “Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party” will take place on Discovery Island. There will also be 3D photo opportunities featuring scenes from the movie.
6. Last Chance for IllumiNations! Yes, after 20 glorious years, IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth will be going dark at EPCOT. You have until the end of summer 2019 (an exact “official” date has not been announced) to see this stunning nighttime display. Don’t worry, Imagineers are dreaming up a new evening show that is bound to be spectacular.
7. It’s a cost-effective decision. You should visit in 2019 because it’s only going to get more expensive. Even with discounts that seem to happen at certain times each year, prices will only increase as time goes on. In fact, Disney just released new tiered ticket pricing in October and who knows when they will increase again. This is especially important to remember with new experiences opening over the next few years to prepare for the 50thanniversary of Walt Disney World. If you go in 2019 it will be cheaper than if you wait for 2020 or beyond!
8. More at Disney Springs? It’s hard to believe that there is any more room to expand at Disney Springs, but retail locations, entertainment, and restaurants are still emerging. In fact, in summer of 2019 City Works Eatery & Pour House will open as a more casual eatery. I went to Disney Springs this past summer and I am thoroughly impressed with how much there is to do, see, and eat. You may need more than one day. Seriously.
9. There’s always something new to see. This is true even if you visit Walt Disney World every year. It’s impossible to see everything each time you visit. In fact, Disney’s Animal Kingdom recently added a behind the scenes tour where you can get up close with a rhino! Plus, Disney is always releasing new or limited time events.
10. Special occasions don’t happen all the time, and when they do, you want to celebrate them in a way you will never forget. Whether it is a birthday milestone, graduation, anniversary, or a goal you have met such as weight loss, beating cancer, or getting your black belt in karate- there is no better place to celebrate than at Disney World.
11. An Abundance of Special Events! Back for the third year, you can experience artists and their talents at the EPCOT International Festival of the Arts. Visual artists, performers, and culinary artists are showcased from January 18ththrough February 25th. But that’s not all. 2019 is a perfect time to visit the other special event throughout the year such as Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. Both parties offer meet and greets with rare characters (the Christmas Party has been known to have all seven dwarfs at once!) and specialty merchandise and desserts. Plus, the spring showcases EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival from March 6 through June 3rdand in the fall, you can enjoy EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival. If you haven’t taken part in one of these exciting special events, you might want to go in 2019.
12. You never know when your favorite attraction might go bye-bye. Over the past few years we’ve bid adieu to the Great Movie Ride, Ellen’s Energy Adventure, Stitch’s Great Escape, Wishes, Main Street Electrical Parade, and IllumiNations (soon). It’s safe to say you never know when your favorite attraction or experience will end up on the chopping block. After all, Walt Disney World is constantly evolving. Sometimes there isn’t much of a warning and you never know when something you really like might be gone for good. You may want to plan a visit, so you don’t live with regret.
13. Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway Opens Scheduled to open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2019 is the attraction that took over the Great Movie Ride. Guests will find themselves in a cartoon world with original songs and some special effects. It’s going to be great to have another attraction open at the Studios and this sounds exciting!
14. Many resorts are being upgraded Disney’s Pop Century just finished an entire room renovation refurbishment. All Star Movie rooms are receiving the same treatment and soon the other All Star Resorts will follow suit. Disney’s Caribbean Beach port of entry has been reimagined with a new restaurant and more. It’s like staying at a brand-new resort! Plus, Disney’s Riviera Resort opens in 2019. Staying at a Disney resort is half the fun of vacationing at Walt Disney World!
15. It’s the best bang for your buck. A trip to Walt Disney World is really the ultimate vacation spot. Once you’ve paid for your room and tickets, the main part of your vacation is taken care of. The only thing left to worry about is your food and souvenirs. Where else can you go where all your entertainment is included?
16. New Meet and Greet! If you head over to Walt Disney Presents at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, a special door will take you to a monsterific Mike and Sulley meet and greet! I don’t know about you, but the chance to meet Sulley is a reason alone to book a trip!
17. Galaxy’s Edge is opening! Forget crowds, don’t you want to be there when the doors open to the newest addition to Disney’s Hollywood Studios? This is going to be epic. You need to be there. Trust the Force on this one. (Be sure to check out the November issue of WDW Magazine for a complete overview of this newest land!)
18. The crowds aren’t going to get smaller. Okay, it might be a little busy late fall next year with the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, but you can bet there are still plenty of people waiting until the crowds “die down” in 2020. To be honest, I don’t think that’s going to happen. The parks will most likely remain crowded through the 2021 celebration. Realistically, if you want the smallest crowds possible for the next few years (yes, years), your best bet will be to visit Walt Disney World between January and September 2019. Once Galaxy’s Edge opens, all bets are off…
19. You need to go in 2019 because of the magical feeling you get from being at Disney World. Anyone who has ever visited knows the feeling when you walk through the gates and see Cinderella Castle for the first or fiftieth time. It’s the feeling of pure happiness. Your heart will thank you.
2019 for the Win!
With 19 reasons to visit Walt Disney World in 2019, and even more that haven’t been announced, do you really need another reason to go? Disney is constantly adding and renovating, and this is only the tip of what 2019 will bring. In fact, the closer we get to the 50thanniversary of Walt Disney World in 2021, the more you will see and the crazier it will get.
With all the additions over the past several years, and all of the exciting events to experience, you may need more than a week! Contact our friends at Destinations to Travel and let them help you begin planning the vacation of a lifetime today!
Want more Walt Disney World? Subscribe today!