If you need a break from the Walt Disney World (WDW) theme parks, Disney Springs is the perfect place to shop, eat, drink, and be merry. But how much do you know about this shopping center? Here are some fun Disney Springs facts for you!
The shopping and dining complex is a popular place on Disney property and it’s no secret why.
There’s a range of retail locations, top-notch places to dine, a variety of entertainment, beautiful sights, yummy smells, and so much more.
Disney Springs has a lot of history and as often as I even visit, there’s so much I still don’t know.
That’s why I’ve acquired some fun Disney Springs facts about the hot spot that is open to not just Walt Disney World Resort guests, but anyone who wants to visit. (Remember, in these days of a pandemic, there are certain health and safety measures to follow when visiting all locations on WDW property.)
So, let’s get to it!
How Big Is Disney Springs?
Disney Springs is actually a big complex that covers a lot of acres and has many shopping and dining locations, so much so that brings me to fun fact No. 1:
- Disney Springs covers 120 acres and has more than 150 venues!
Disney Went Above & Beyond With Details
As it goes with almost everything located on any Disney property, even Disney Springs’ details are on point, which brought Disney’s concept to life perfectly.
- There are four different neighborhoods: the Town Center, The Landing, the Marketplace, and the West Side.
- Did you know that more than 57,000 recycled bricks from Rollins College (a nearby college in Winter Park, Florida) were used to build the hardscape of The Landing?
- Better yet, 15 shades of white paint were used to design the Town Center.
- And in typical Disney fashion, 1.2 million gallons of water make up the springs that run through the Town Center. If you walk from one end of the springs to the other, it’s like walking down Main Street, U.S.A. to Cinderella Castle.
Yep, There Are Even Hidden Mickeys
Do you really think Disney wouldn’t hide some Mickeys?
- Inside the World of Disney found in the Marketplace there are two Hidden Mickeys in the murals. Where exactly? Well, you’ll just have to hunt for yourself.
There are actually many others throughout Disney Springs, so keep your eyes peeled!
The Shops, Dining, & Entertainment Are One Of A Kind
You bet that Disney has ensured the experiences across Disney Springs are only the best.
- UNIQLO is a Japanese retail store and its Disney Springs location is the first in the southeast U.S. for the retailer.
- There are 25 different entertainment acts every night across the complex.
- And, of course, the food is only the best. There are five James Beard Award-winning chefs at Disney Springs, including: Masaharu Morimoto (Morimoto Asia), Art Smith (Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’ Kitchen and Southern Shine), Rick Bayless (Frontera Cocina), Tony Mantuano (Terralina), José Andrés (Jaleo), and Wolfgang Puck (Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill).
- World of Disney at Disney Springs is the biggest Disney store in the world!
There’s A Variety Of Transportation Options
Finally, Disney Springs is very accessible, offering guests all kinds of ways to travel to it.
- The most obvious is visitors can drive or use rideshare services. Anyone staying at a WDW Resort hotel can also hop on a bus.
There are even watercraft options offered at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort-French Quarter, Disney’s Port Orleans Resort-Riverside, Disney’s Old Key West Resort, and Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa.
Speaking of the latter, you can even walk from Saratoga Springs to Disney Springs. Yes, it’s that close!
How about those fun facts about Disney Springs? Stay tuned for more Disney Springs goodness, and subscribe to our newsletter to keep up to date!