Here’s what you need to know about Hurricane Irma, plus the all the updates on news, weather, refurbishments and closings this week at Walt Disney World.
There’s a lot to keep track of at WDW, whether you’re going this week or planning a future trip – we have everything you need to know – keep reading!
New at Walt Disney World This Week
Due to the impending arrival of the hurricane, Disney was forced to remove the walls at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, revealing a sneak peek at the Grand Avenue area that is scheduled to open this fall. WDW News Today has some great photos if you are up for a “spoiler alert.”
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is underway, and with it the costumes don’t disappoint. The Inside Disney Parks show went on a mission to find some of the best costumes at the party. Maybe some of what they found will inspire you to explore your Disney Side this Halloween!
Are you feeling lucky? Be sure to enter the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival’s contest for a chance to win a Magical Culinary Adventure! The winner gets a trip to Walt Disney World and will attend a live taping of “The Chew” at Epcot. Hurry, the contest ends September 15th!
WDW IS CLOSED
For only the fifth time in Walt Disney World history, the parks closed. To prepare for Hurricane Irma, the Walt Disney World theme parks and Disney Springs closed early Saturday September 9th and are scheduled to remain closed through September 11th. Disney Parks Blog is doing a great job of keeping guests informed and updated on the conditions. It’s great to know that Disney considers guest safety and allowed enough opportunity for those planning to travel during that time the chance to make changes.
WDW Closings and Refurbishments in September
• Splash Mountain will be closed from August 28th until November 16th.
• Hall of Presidents will remain closed and reopen in late 2017.
• One Man’s Dream is being reimaged into Walt Disney Presents and will reopen mid-September
• Portobello Country Italian Trattoria in Disney Springs will be closed until Fall 2017.
• Disney’s Yacht Club Resort will have room and Convention Center refurbishments through 2017.
• Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be undergoing refurbishments until sometime in 2018. The renovations will close Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post. Other food options will be available during this time.
• Toy Story Land is currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an expected opening of Summer 2018.
• Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an expected opening in 2019.
Don’t forget, closures are subject to change without notice. If you have your heart set on an attraction, be sure to check before you go. Also, check the parks for changes the day of your arrival.
Weather at WDW this week
Highs of 90°F / Lows of 72°F
HURRICANE WARNING, rain, partial sun
Are YOU going to be at WDW this week?
Head over to our Facebook Page and give us your live report!