Here’s what you need to know about getting extra FastPasses with a special tour, plus the all the updates on news, weather, refurbishments and closings this week at Walt Disney World.
There’s a lot to keep track of at WDW, whether you’re going this week or planning a future trip – we have everything you need to know – keep reading!
New at Walt Disney World This Week
Ride Vehicle Makes Grand Entrance at DHS! The ride vehicle for Slinky Dog Dash was delivered to Disney’s Hollywood Studios recently. This brings one of two main attractions at Toy Story Land to near completion. The new land is scheduled to open Summer 2018.
World Class Entertainment Added! When you visit the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, amazing food and beverages from 35 different Marketplaces isn’t all you can sample. Now you will be able to enjoy musical entertainment such as Suroît in the Canada Pavilion until October 1st, Musique Aramenco in Morocco until December 30th, and famous yodeler Margret Almer & The Bavarian Band.
Model Coming to Hollywood Studios! Disney Imagineers are finishing up the Toy Story Land model that will be on display at Walt Disney Presents soon. Recently we told you about the transformation that was happening with One Man’s Dream, and this is one of the two models that will be on display. The other is Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge along with concept art for Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway.
Spooktacular Tour Offering! Sleepy Hollow fans are going to love the special event that Disney has put together at Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. On select evenings (September 29- October 2, October 5-9, 19-23, and 26-31) guests will have a chance to view the 1949 Disney animated film The Legend of Sleepy Hollow along with a mysterious meeting with the Headless Horseman. General seating for guests 3 and up is $22, but for an extra $16, you can get premium seating and priority photo opportunity with the Headless Horseman. All paying guests will receive a limited-edition pin.
Mini Gift Card is Back! Disney has brought back the mini Disney Gift Card for the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. The special card features a wristband to free up your hands for all the delicious treats you will be holding. You need to activate the card with at least $15. Disney has added a very special $200 Disney Gift Card that comes with a lanyard as another convenient way to pay as you eat around the world.
Ultimate Nights of Adventure Tour
Ultimate Nights of Adventure VIP Tour! Disney’s Animal Kingdom has a new way for you to experience nature and feel like a VIP. The four-hour tour gets you special FastPass+ access to Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Flight of Passage, Na’vi River Journey, Dinosaur and special seating at Rivers of Light. Guests will also receive specialty snacks and a beverage along with some other undisclosed surprises. The cost is $249 per person and theme park admission is also required. Guests of any age can attend as long as they meet the minimum height requirement of 44”.
WDW Closings and Refurbishments in September
• Splash Mountain will be closed from August 28th until November 16th.
• Hall of Presidents will remain closed and reopen in late 2017.
• One Man’s Dream is being reimaged into Walt Disney Presents and will reopen mid-September
• Portobello Country Italian Trattoria in Disney Springs will be closed until Fall 2017.
• Disney’s Yacht Club Resort will have room and Convention Center refurbishments through 2017.
• Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be undergoing refurbishments until sometime in 2018. The renovations will close Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post. Other food options will be available during this time.
• Toy Story Land is currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an expected opening of Summer 2018.
• Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an expected opening in 2019.
Don’t forget, closures are subject to change without notice. If you have your heart set on an attraction, be sure to check before you go. Also, check the parks for changes the day of your arrival.
Weather at WDW this week
Highs of 90°F / Lows of 74°F
Are YOU going to be at WDW this week?
Head over to our Facebook Page and give us your live report!